Abstracts are invited for any areas relevant to Clinical Practice Improvement. The intention is to report and share experiences on Clinical Practice Improvement activities within member units.
- We encourage submissions from all member units.
- Abstracts for ANZNN CPI2023 will be accepted across the following categories:
- Reporting on progress of ongoing CPI activities using the PDSA cycle or other CPI approach, documenting process, progress and outcomes
- QI to reduce clinical variation/standardising practice
- QI retrospective audits
- Other noteworthy QI projects
- CPI Lessons Learned (new for 2023). This category can focus on CPI success stories or failures and should outline the critical learnings achieved from the quality improvement process
- Authorship and presentation from nursing and allied health is strongly encouraged.
Closing date for receipt of abstracts: 5pm AEST Monday 3rd July 2023.
Abstracts are to be submitted to: firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line: ANZNN CPI2023 CONFERENCE - ABSTRACT SUBMISSION.
- No more than one A4 page with 2.54 cm margins.
- Arial font, size 12, single spaced, Word document.
- Abstract title should be in CAPITALS at the top of the page.
- Author(s) name(s) with the initials followed by the surname and the name of the sponsoring unit should follow the title starting on a new line.
- Institution details of each author should follow, starting on a new line.
- Underline the name of the presenting author.
- Do not indent paragraphs.
- Paragraphs should be fully justified.
- Use standard abbreviations.
- Maximum one small table or figure is allowed within the space of the one page.
Abstracts will be reviewed by an ANZNN CPI panel who will nominate which abstracts are allocated to oral or poster sessions. Abstract outcomes will be announced by late July 2023 / early August 2023
- You will be notified by late July / early August if your abstract has been accepted for oral presentation at one of the ANZNN CPI2023 Conference plenary sessions.
- You must be available to present in person on Monday 23rd October 2023.
- If accepted, you should prepare an oral presentation of 10 minutes duration.
- There will be time allocated for questions and discussion at the end of the symposium session.
- All presentations will be due by 6th October 2023.
- All presentations should be in PowerPoint (16:9) and PC computers will be available at the conference.
- You will be notified by late July / early August if your abstract has been accepted for poster presentation at one of the ANZNN CPI2023 Conference poster sessions.
- You should be available to take questions in person from delegates and the ANZNN CPI abstract review panel on Monday 23rd and Tuesday 24th October 2023 during the poster sessions.
- A0 size in portrait recommended. Poster boards are 1m wide and 2m high.
- Posters should be displayed for the duration of the conference. You will have to print and bring your poster to the conference as there are no printing facilities available at the conference venue.
- Velcro dots will be available to attach your poster to the poster board.
- Some poster abstracts may be offered an additional two minute oral presentation for presentation during Monday's plenary session (one ppt slide and audience Q&A).